Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jan 29 Class


I'm excited for tonight's class! Our first guest speaker is due to come at around 7:00PM. He is the video producer for the Beaverton School District, Scott Hacke. He is a classroom teacher with K-12 experience, has integrated video into his classroom since the beginning, and has created one of the state's leading moving images festival called "Signal to Noise".

Before Scott's arrival, we will be going around our "Center Court" sharing our school plans, then reading from Andrew Zucker's book, Transforming Schools with Technology, then looking at various applications that help support student learning.

See you tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Todd,

    I am sorry I missed the class but will be in attendance the entire month of February. How do I get the article from Zucker?

    Too bad I missed Scott's presentation, as I sure respect the work he does. As I was reading the blogs of fellow classmates I agreed with some comments by Pete. I think technology holds so many possibilities to enhance learning. However, embedding technology w/n sound instruction seems the key. I remember a US History report a tech savvy student produced for me 7-8 years ago. He created a power point, with video streaming, about the invasion of Normandy. The power point was remarkable but his historical analysis was poor, as was his writing. When he received a poor grade it proved to be a tough conversation with him and his family.

    ReplyDelete